Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 602 - Waiting By the Mailbox in the Mud, Take Two

Yes, I know that it is impossible to get anything in the mail about graduate school today.  After all, decision day was just Friday, and I'm sure that they're allowing a couple of days to account for the post office.

It goes back to that antsy feeling I talked about in my last post.  I want something to genuinely look forward to, something exciting.  I need an adventure, and hopefully that adventure will get me out of the mud that I feel hopelessly stuck in.

In other news, I've been researching places to live in Athens, and it looks like I may be a graduate student living on campus, at least for my first year.  My first choice of living options gives first priority to students who are married with children, and while that is something I look forward to in the distant future, it is not a role within society that I will willingly fulfill right now.  Wolf Street Apartments are out, at least for now.  Right now, my only option looks like a dorm, or as the university calls it a house, that is meant for graduate students and undergrads over the age of 21.  While dorm life may not exactly be glamorous, at least I'll have a room to myself.  Not that I don't have that already, but it's better than living out of my car.

We'll have to see what the next two weeks brings.  Hopefully that adventure I've been working really hard to start.

-AA

No comments:

Post a Comment