Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 325 - "Decisions, Decisions, Decisions"

I've been researching schools for my MA/MFA in creative writing.  I've found that I'm going to have to branch out and travel, but that's okay.  Maybe I'll buck up and learn to cook and actually keep a clean living structure.

I'm working on the tidiness thing, though.

So far, my top choices are Ohio University and the University of Cinncinati.  There is an NEOMFA program closer to my house, but it's offered as a consortium program from five or six different colleges and universities throughout Northeast Ohio.  I'm not sure that I would like that; it doesn't lend to the "graduate school" experience when you could consider yourself to be attending six different schools all at once.

Next I'm going to start looking at schools around the Ohio area.  I'm not sure if I'm quite ready for the out-of-state jump yet, mostly because of the cost.

We shall see.  We shall see.

-AA

No comments:

Post a Comment