Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 224 - "Just Sit Back, Relax, and Just Chill"

It's been a busy couple of days, but here's the update on my graduate school interviews. 

My first interview was for a hall director and arts/cultural programming internship.  This one, well, went okay, but I have almost zero residence life experience so I think this one has been knocked out as a possibility.

My second interview was for an internship in the academic advising and Registrar's offices.  So far, I think this one is my top choice and the interview went really well.  Not only that, if I want to be a professor some day, I need some experience in college academics - why not start out with advising?

My third interview was phenomenal!!!!  It was for a position with the Upward Bound program, which helps teenagers from certain demographics prepare and want to go to college.  The program coordinator is so passionate about the program that it's almost impossible not to catch her enthusiasm.  The interview felt so natural and honest that I almost have to think that this one is tied for my number one pick.

Now, I just need to sort out my thoughts and email the program director on Monday.  I may have to make a hard decision as to where I would like to go, which could take some deep thinking on my part.

-AA

No comments:

Post a Comment