Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 30 - "Superman's in Pajamas on the Couch"

"The Year Spent PC" is officially a month old! Yay for gusto for sticking with it!

So I'm at home for the night because I have to work tomorrow morning before heading back to finish sorority recruitment. I showed up on campus Monday afternoon and I don't think I've been tackled so much in my life. I love hugs, I love my sisters, but sometimes when I see them, or anyone for that matter, running at me like they haven't seen me in years I begin to fear for my physical safety.

On the recruitment front, all is well. They started out with a huge number of women going through this year, and there are still more women who are going through recruitment after the second round than actually sign up for most years. It's been fun, especially considering I've never done recruitment as a chapter member, or in my case a psuedo chapter member, and there are a lot of cool women going through. Tonight, my sisters have a philanthropy event and I have a date with my bed.

This week, I've noticed how suddenly, my stamina is just not there at all. I could have normally handled being up until almost two in the morning after recruitment events and then waking up and going to class the next morning. Heaven knows I did it last year. This year, I am zonked. I feel like I'm getting too old for this. Haha, I'm only 22.

So, it's back to work tomorrow and then time to continue this college throwback week. It's felt good to be able to just sit with my sisters and relax, well sort of. The phone, text messages, and Facebook are nice and all, but there's something about being in a person's presence that sometimes makes life all the much richer. Too bad I can't bring them all home with me.

-AA

No comments:

Post a Comment