Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 27 - "And I'm Going Home..."

This past week has been crazy. I suddenly decided that I was going to get stuff done, and then I started making lists. When I make lists, it usually doesn't end well for my sanity.

So, I've written three articles, completely cleaned my room and my car (which desperately needed it,) got everything organized for this week, worked six days out of seven, ignored this project, ignored the emails I have to send out, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

On top of it, I got in a fight with my boyfriend. Plans were made and unmade, he got mad, I got mad, he blew up in his smoldering I-don't-want-to-start-a-fight kind of way, and then I...well, I blew up. I think today we need to cool off and let everyone take a deep breath because, even though I realize that fighting is part of a healthy relationship, I still don't like it.

More exciting news. This past week and this coming week are going to be dubbed my college throwback weeks. Last week, at probably the last possible minute, my sister decided that she was going to go through sorority recruitment. Yay! She got her bid (invitation to join) last night and is now a Sigma Sigma Sigma at Kent State University. Woohoo! I find it ironic, though, that neither of us wanted to join sororities, we both signed up at the last minute, and both of us have / had 16 members in our new member classes. Interesting...

This week, I'm going back to my alma mater to help with my sorority's recruitment. I've missed my sisters a lot since I've graduated. I think I need this week just to relax, but there's one kind of iffy thing about it - I've never been through this part of recruitment, so I guess we'll see how it goes!

Now, I need to email people asking them to give me recommendations for graduate school. I need to get going on this. I need to get there, and it needs to happen soon.

-AA

No comments:

Post a Comment