Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 494 - Auld Lang Syne

Well, it was nice knowin' you, 2010.

Actually, this year has been a year of ups and downs.  I've accomplished a lot.  The last of three graduate school applications went out in the mail today, I faced the infamous GRE, and I got a promotion at Suite101.  I wrote over 150 articles, didn't kill anyone at my Job from Hell, lost a little weight and saved absolutely no money, and to top it off, I stared down adulthood adversity and held my own.

All in all, I think I've done rather well.

As for 2011?  I'm intrigued as to what it will bring.  Graduate school?  (Yes, please!)  An end to the Job from Hell?  Something big and shiny?  Hopefully all of that and all of the love, happiness, laughs, and life lessons that 2010 has blessed us with.

Even though I'll be spending New Year's at home with my family and some of my dad's friends (my boyfriend's grandma is in the hospital, so we'll be celebrating his birthday, Christmas, our anniversary, and New Year's all at once sometime soon,) I'll be celebrating.  After all, "for life is short but sweet for certain."

Cheers to 2010, and to having a new year filled with life, happiness, laughter and love.

-AA

No comments:

Post a Comment