Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 403 - "Take One Step Forward"

I just registered for the GRE.  After saving for a couple of months, I'm hopefully one step closer to getting into graduate school.

November 19, 2010, is the big day - GRE day!

I've already taken the day off from work since my test is scheduled at 12:30, I'm looking for test prep materials, and I'm excited and a little bit nervous.  I know that, with a little brushing up, I'll be fine when it comes to the verbal reasoning and the writing sections, it's the quantitative reasoning (math) section that worries me.  I haven't had a math class in 4 1/2 years, and even then I wimped out and took the easiest math class possible.  It's not that I stink at math - on the contrary, I can be really good at it when I want to be - but the fact that I haven't had math in such a long time that worries me.

By the way, if anyone knows of free GRE prep resources, especially online, send them my way please!

I just keep telling myself that I need to take baby steps.  First step, register for GRE.  Next step: finish those applications.

One step forward.  Hopefully I won't have to worry about any steps backwards.

-AA

No comments:

Post a Comment