Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 264 - "A Little Bit of This and A Little Bit of That"

I've got some major updates to talk about.  And I have been a little bit of a slacker, but sometimes I get so caught up in life and everything that I need/have/want to do that I kind of forget to write it down.  That's supposed to be good, right?

Anyways, I got my first reprint request on one of my articles!  Marist College, which is in New York state, emailed me asking to reprint one of my articles in a newsletter from their academic advising office.  Unfortunately, I don't have rights to allow electronic reprints on that article yet because it's less than a year old, but I offered to either write them a new article or for them to link to it...and they never got back to me.  sigh

Then, over this past weekend, my sorority little sister graduated from college.  It was strange, sitting during a shortened ceremony because it was freezing cold and raining (surprise!) and knowing that a year ago this past weekend I became a college graduate.  It still really hasn't hit me yet that my degree is officially one year old as of May 9.  I think as the rest of this month goes by and I (hopefully) hear something about graduate school that it will really hit me.

In other, other news, still nothing from graduate school.  They also had graduation and finals this past week and weekend, so I figure that all of the administrators were tied up in preparing for the end of the year and the beginning of the summer term.  If I don't hear anything by the end of next week, it's time to write another follow-up email, I guess.  Is there such a thing as being too diligent with following up after interviews?

Currently, the house is a-tizzy over Erin's car.  I got a call from her just as I was leaving work today saying that her brakes on her car went out, and that the only way to get her car to stop was to punch the brake pedal all the way to the floor.  Turns out she lost all of her brake fluid while she was on campus sometime today, either because she has a hole in her brake lines or someone cut them.  Let's hope it's just a hole - I don't know what to think if someone has it out for Erin, of all people!

-AA

No comments:

Post a Comment